April 20, 2012

Averie's Story

My Husband and I were married on May 22, 2010 in Santa Cruz, California. We live, breathe, and sleep softball, so naturally we did not go on our honeymoon right after our wedding. We waited until softball season was over in August. A tad bit obsessive if you ask me. By the time August came I was pregnant with Little Miss Averie. No drinking for Mama, I still had a great time in Jamaica. My pregnancy was a breeze (I know some of you are hating me right now). I had a little bit of morning sickness in the beginning but nothing that had me bed ridden. My belly grew and so did my craving for natural white cheddar Cheetos (weird craving right?). I have a serious weakness for salt, so bad that I should probably get my cholesterol checked. I am getting off topic. Averie was growing perfectly and getting bigger weekly as babies do. In early November I started to have Braxton Hicks contractions. After the third trip to the hospital, they put me on bed rest. Really, so not happening. I am compulsive, a control freak, and neat freak. I think I cleaned every nook and cranny in my house during that time. So, in November they took me out of work, almost 3 months before my due date. 

On February 6, 2011 I started to have real contractions. On Superbowl Sunday, we definitely were not going to make it to my parents annual Superbowl party. I believe that it was about 11am when my husband put me in our spa bathtub, thinking that the warm water would help suppress the contractions. Thanks Honey. I would say about an hour and a half of breathing we finally made our way to the Hospital. Mercy General here we come! 

I was not in pain or anything so the drive to the hospital was fine. They set me up in a room and hooked me up to every machine they had. I watched patiently as the scales on the machine went up and down. I knew what was coming. Finally they checked me to see how dilated I was. 3cm and I was instructed to start walking. After about 30 minutes of walking I was really feeling it. I needed something to take the pain away. They told me to lay back down and called the anesthesiologist to administer my epidural. I knew that we were getting closer if they were willing to give me the epidural. I was in active labor for maybe 2 hours. Averie Lynn Kaylor was born at 8:04pm on February 6, 2011, 6lbs 11oz. and 19 inches long. She is our "Boo Boo", and the twinkle in my eye. 

Averie Lynn Kaylor was born at 8:04pm on February 6, 2011, 6lbs 11oz. and 19 inches long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment