March 21, 2013

Happy World Down Syndrome Day

Today is a very special day, it is World Down Syndrome Day. I am a proud mommy of a beautiful little girl with DS. You know what is ironic about her having DS. I don't think about it until I see other fellow bloggers, blogging about it. She is developing quite nicely, and does not have even one major medical condition. She has a lazy left eye, but other than that her health is perfect. I have said in previous posts that I have a lazy eye too, so the kid was destined to have something wrong with her eyes.

I have recently contacted a few other mothers that have children with DS, and it is really great to have someone to talk to. My husband is so busy that I have to keep up on the latest developments myself. How to get her into the best preschool, what therapies are available. You know all that good stuff. I want her to be one of the popular kids with DS. *smiles* I actually have my first event this weekend. It is called, "Girls Night In." It is this Saturday and I am so excited to go. We leave the kiddos at home for this one, so the mommies can get in some much needed me time.

If anyone out there even has any questions or just needs someone to talk to. I am here. I know in the beginning it was difficult to wrap my head around having a child with DS. In the end, I would not have it any other way. She is truly the love of my life. I would give the world for her. Feel free to pick my brain. Here is a picture of my Love bug, just because it is my blog and I can.





Running.... Oh my new love! I ran yesterday at the track with Shelly. We ran a mile on the track, and I ran there so I totaled 2.05 miles. I was not even out of breath at the end. I will admit it is much easier to run on the track than it is on pavement. I felt like I was able to breath more consistently. Here is what my run looked like. Courtesy of my new app. If I haven't mentioned how much I love it, let me say it again. I love this app. Can you tell where the track is on the GPS?



A very attractive Run #3


In addition to being excited about my app, there is also something else new in my life that I am excited about.

Wait for it.......




My new Camelbak and Gatorade.Why would anyone buy any other water bottle, you know this has a lifetime warranty right. I bought the Gatorade because the bottles are WAY too sweet. This way I can make it as sweet as I want. Ready for some randomness. Yes maam, I just made that word up. (I think).

Nessa has a game today, take a look at her team! They look sharp right. Here is hoping they play sharp today. They have been struggling to find their groove the last few games.


Last but not least, this is what yesterday's meals looked like. I am seeing a trend in my eating habits. I don't eat meals, I eat a lot of snacks. They are healthy snacks but snacks none the less.


Missing is dinner, I am having some memory issues with the dinner photo. I had rice and ginger sesame chicken. I think Averie ate most of my chicken, but I got a few bites in there. I also had a glass of Sangria. I thought I deserved it.



6 comments:

  1. I hope the game went well, all of the pics are great and your little one is a little cutie pie.

    I'm visiting from Sincerely Paula's No Rules Weekend Blog Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I post really random pictures, so I am glad you like them. Their game is today, and I am hoping they can pull it together. They are defending a Division championship here, so they need to step up their game. I love your blog. Giveaways are the best, and I saw that you have some pretty cool ones.

      Delete
  2. I'm visiting via Sincerely Paula's weekend blog party :) It really is a small world, I live very close to you, in Roseville :) I'm also your newest Follower :)

    ~ Jill

    http://www.frugalplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how many people blog and live in the area. It is super cool. I would have never thought that blogging would bring so many people together. I am on my way to your blog now to do a little exploring. I love meeting new people.

      Delete
  3. Happy World Down Syndrome Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Aren't we the luckiest people ever. I feel so blessed.

      Delete