August 13, 2012

Stairway to Stardom

I am going to get a little ahead of myself, but I am going to talk about what happened on Sunday. I will have to post on my Mini-vacation when I get the pictures loaded. I cannot have a vacation post with out pictures! No way!

Stairway to Stardom is a competition that he participates in every summer. It places talent in bands, and then all the bands perform after 4 weeks of practicing, writing, and laying down music. My brother Jeremy's band is called, In the Presence of Aryes. I love watching him perform, and this program is great for young artists. His band performed 3 original songs. Below is their third song and the best one in my opinion.



I do have one confession. I was very tired at the end of this competition. I mean listening to 14 bands perform was exhausting. My Mom, Dad, and Grandpa all went and we had a good time, but were ready for a nap once it ended. The best part of the whole day, was that Jeremy had a great time, and did an amazing job. He has a great stage presence.

Side note: I have become fed up with my families eating habits, and am now on a mission to put us all in a better state of physical and mental health. Averie and I are going to take walks at night when it cools down, with or without Daddy, and eat healthier. It is not hard to do. It just takes some planning. Which is not always easy for me to do with an 18 month old. I will figure it out and welcome any suggestions. I know I set some goals at the beginning of my blogging life, and have not kept to some of them. I am rebooting though, and need to feel better about life. So we are starting again. I think I am going to find a way to keep a journal of all the meals through the week. I think a reflection on what we have eaten weekly would be a good way for me to stay my course.



0 comments:

Post a Comment