March 26, 2013

A day worth talking about

Aside from being SUPER tired yesterday, it was a fantastic day. No really, it was pretty great. It contained a lot of this....



Then when the work day ended, I got to go home to my beautiful little girl, I mean family. When I arrived home, I found Brian and Luke in the front yard playing ball, and Averie, Grammy, and Heidi (Her PT), also playing on the lawn with balls. Averie always cheers right up when she sees me, it is one of the best feelings in the whole world.

After a little lovin'. I went and changed into.....that's right my running clothes. I was stoked to get home and go for a run. My goal was 2 miles, straight through. I have to start preparing for this like a serious person. I want to remain injury free. Luke insisted that he go with me. I told him how far I would be running, and he made it very clear that he could do it. We totaled 2.13 miles. He did a great job for the first mile, but the second was kind of rocky. He was fading out for sure. He still did a great job. I even got him to run the last 500 feet. Here is some proof. This was after the run when we were all tired, and giddy.

Run #5


Then there was dinner. Man I rock! I made Tony's Flank Steak, a recipe from one of my favorite blogs on the planet, Dinner a Love Story. She also has a book out, life would not be the same if this book was not in my kitchen. Side-note: I am not tracking everything I eat. It is just too much work, and I forget to take pictures, and then get irritated at myself. It is just a vicious cycle. I am thinking that life is just too short. You know? We had Tony's steak, mashed potatoes w/gravy, and fresh green beans with lemon. This dinner was DELISH!


I am excited for what tonight will bring. I would love to do another run, and then maybe make spaghetti with meat sauce, or sloppy joes? I have not decided yet. The great weather is really helping my state of mind. Now, I have to work, and catch up on some emails. I have not emailed my cousin in forever, and I have been meaning to. Sorry Cuz!


0 comments:

Post a Comment