March 27, 2013

Pushing past 2.1

The plan for today is to work, obviously. Make a couple of appointments for myself and the boo boo. She has lots of little teeth and is 2 now, so "Q" the Dentist. This is going to be bunches of fun. I can just see it now.

Then, a run. Shelly and I are running together today, and she said that when her husband ran last time he clocked it for us, and 3 laps around her neighborhood is a mile. I like having start and end points, it makes it  rewarding to run, knowing that there is a visual goal in mind. I also mapped the distance from my house to hers, and it is exactly 2.1 miles. So, here is what I am thinking. I know I can run 2.1 miles. I am going to run to Shelly's house (2.1 miles), and really push myself to run a mile with her (1 mile), and then run/walk home (2.1 miles). I will need a cool down anyways. If I end up walking, oh well. I know that the run to her house is going to be stop and go, since there are a bunch of stop signs. I am looking forward to this run big time. I wasn't planning on hitting my 3.1 mile, milestone this week. Now I am looking at a total of 5.2. I know that is a lot and I am still committed to being injury free. I will only do what I can. However, this will give me more time to get comfortable with it before my big 5K on April 7th.

Last night I ended up making sloppy joe's, and homemade potato wedges. They came out really well. My best friend makes them a lot and they always look so tasty. I figured I would give them a try. After dinner we went out for frozen yogurt. Averie loves yogurt, all kinds. This is just what she needed too. She did not get a nap in the afternoon. Can you say grumpy pants?! Not a happy toddler at all, but the frozen yogurt did the trick for a moment.


This morning I am trying a couple of new things that I picked up at the store yesterday. Bolthouse Farms Chocolate Protein Plus. It is a protein shake, and has 30 grams. That is awesome. I don't eat a lot of meat so I need to supplement with a shake or legumes, something. I just cracked this baby open and I like it. I prefer  the Odwalla brand protein shake if you gave me an option. This one is not chalky at all and tastes like chocolate milk. I would buy it again if it were on sale. The second thing I am going to try is BelVita Breakfast biscuits. I bought blueberry this time. I am going to finish my shake and break into these. Look how adventurous I am being. Normally I just stick to foods I know and don't move out of my comfort zone. World here I come. *laughing* I really have been trying hard to eat better. I know that I get out of my body what I put in, and if I want to push past 2.1 miles, I better fuel up!


After my run tonight, I am going to break into my crock pot for some yummolicious garlic lemon chicken with wild rice, and a side of asparagus. Buyah! I started it this morning and it smells so good. Amber, I think this one you are going to love.



0 comments:

Post a Comment