October 3, 2012

Wordish Wednesday {18 months} wk16

Averie is technically 19 3/4 months old, but we just had her 18 month check up. She is doing fantastic. Her head is 18 inches {50 percentile}, she weighs 23 lbs {25 percentile}, and she is 33 inches long {75 percentile}. They are continuing to use a typical child growth chart, so these percentiles are based off of that. She has a ton of personality. She smiles a lot, loves to laugh, and enjoys being read to, and listening to music. She has just started to enjoy watching the Sprout channel. Her favorite shows are the Pajanimals, and Thomas the Train. She also watches Angelina, and Chloe's Closet. However she is not as interested in the actual show. She enjoys the opening music more.

She loves all types of food. She is using a fork, but would prefer to use her hands. I would say her favorite food is pasta. Especially Grandma's spaghetti sauce. She gobbles that all up.We give her fruit for dessert. Trying to keep her away from processed sugars. Dad likes to step in and give her ICECREAM though. 

Grammy takes Averie to My Gym, Music class, and the Library for story time. Averie loves being read to. She moves right up to the front row of story time and is very attentive. She also likes to touch the books. She gets visits from a speech therapist, her PT, and teacher, almost every week. She has grown really close to all of them. They are all like her family. I really appreciate all that they are doing for her. More blessings.

Averie goes to bed at about 7-7:30 every night. We have a pretty good routine. Dinner, bath, bottle {I know this is bad, she uses a cup throughout the day, bottles only come in to the picture at bedtime.} we watch some shows on Sprout, and then it is bedtime. I spoil her at night, I rock her to sleep. I know she is supposed to be learning to self soothe, but it is my only time with her after work. I take advantage of every minute. She is a great sleeper. She gets up around 6:30 every morning. Unless she is teething then she will usually get up once in the middle of the night. Super lucky there.

Speaking of teeth, my little girl has two front bottom teeth and one molar. Poor baby right. I am waiting for those two top teeth patiently.

What else......

Oh, she loves to throw her ball back and forth. She is standing independently, she can stand on her own, and stand from a squatting position. I swear it is only a matter of time before she starts walking. I am waiting patiently for that one too. I would love for her to be walking by Halloween. She is going to be a bumble bee, and boy is she going to be the cutest bumble bee. She loves to play with her older sister. Dad has been working hard all week, so their time has been cut short. When he gets home, generally I become invisible and she wants only Daddy. She is our love bug.

This is my little girl eating grapes.

{Linking up with The Paper Mama, Jenni from the blog, Parenting by Dummies.}


2 comments:

  1. Awwww! She's a cutie! I spoiled Princess Nagger exactly like that when she was that age - I miss those days now that she's 9 and fiercely independent. :) So cherish these moments! And she LOVED to watch Sprout - as does Little Dude (4) now. :)


    Waiting for the Bus on Picture Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Spoiling is the best isn't it, and Sprout is the best. They air shows that make me feel guilt free. I even enjoy watching them myself. I catch myself keeping them on, even after Averie has gone to bed. :)

      Delete