October 4, 2012

Day 1 for me {31 for 21}


I am ready to raise awareness. I am behind by a couple of days, but I just now found where everyone is going. I am jumping on the train. My daughter Averie has down syndrome, and she is a true blessing, the trick is to not let it define ANYTHING, who you are or who she is. The only difference is that she takes her precious time learning, and needs a little more attention and practice. Which is easy to do. Who does not want to spend more time with their baby. She has her own agenda, that is what I say. I consider myself one of the lucky ones. Averie was born perfect. No heart defects, just an extra chromosome. I have read many blogs over the past 12 months, and I could not imagine going through what some of the other families have gone through. I just don't think I am strong enough to handle those hurdles. I commend those families. Your strength is relentless. I have a special place in my heart for those families. One thing that does not change is the love. Man, if I could describe the love I have for this little girl. We are talking crossing oceans, climbing mountains, and fighting off great whites. Was that a step too far. Oh well. I would go to great lengths for her. So with that said. Let's get the word out there. The best blessings are always in disguise. Mine is 33 inches long, 23lbs, and perfect.
Grab This Button




0 comments:

Post a Comment