July 15, 2014

Here we go again....

I have said it before and I will say it again, time to get right.

Time to get healthy and active and stick with it. There is no reason not to, and I have no excuses.

Kicking this off, is the 1.59 mile run I did last night. It was not easy. I have been battling illness, being tired, and lack of motivation for months. Because of all that my run was hard, and I did not retain any of the endurance I once had. Big bummer, but that actually motivates me more. The GOAL: Run every other day. I can't do it every day, realistically that is just not something that I have time for. Every other day it is.

Eating Right! That is a big one. I am sure if you are someone that comes to my blog often and reads my posts you will recognize that I don't have the best  of eating habits. Not because I eat totally unhealthy, but because I don't eat. Eek! I crave one type of food, Salty FOOD! That's pretty much it. Usually this craving comes to me late at night, like around 9pm or 10pm. Not the best time for salt if you ask me. My diet consists of mostly vegetarian/vegan foods. I am not a big meat eater. Never have been. I love my fruits, veggies, and carbohydrates. I am going to use my blog to document my journey on eating better, exercising, and becoming a healthier person all together. I need something to keep me in line and honestly I have not found that one thing that helps.

In addition to eating better, and exercising, I also started to incorporate a few other items into my diet. One of them being a multivitamin. Because I don't eat a lot throughout the day. I think it is important that I supplement. I am also using Chia seeds (see example below), and taking Spirulina tablets. To learn more about Spirulina click on the link. Spirulina has so many health boosting qualities, why not give it a go. What harm could it do. The more you read on it, the more you will understand how completely amazing it is for you.

http://wellnessmama.com/4738/spirulina-herb-profile/

Let's begin, starting with my run. It was so hard. I don't think there is a way to express how difficult it was for me to run a mile, never mind 1.59 miles.



Onto Food, Breakfast. Today consisted of Oatmeal with Chia seeds, and small cup of coffee. Oh really quick on caffeine. I have been doing this for a while now, with a couple of small exceptions, but I do not drink caffeine after 2pm. That has helped a lot with getting to sleep at night. I do every now and then take a Melatonin, but I am trying to only take that when I know  my brain is not going to be able to settle down. I need to find another way to decompress. Warm milk is not an option, tea is okay, but it is scolding hot outside so tea is not the best choice in this weather. I was thinking about reading, but my husband watches TV and it is a huge distraction as I read. Any other suggestions would be welcome.




I will probably write again today, or maybe tomorrow morning about lunch and dinner. I will figure out a good way to post my healthy days eventually. *smiles* Until then enjoy seeing what I eat, and reading about this new journey I am going on. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment