July 21, 2014

Weekend Fun

Let's wrap this weekend up.

Friday was a really good day. We will begin with what I ate. I drank lots of water, then made a couple of pieces of toast with peanut butter for breakfast. I was only able to get through one piece it was so dry. For lunch I had a bag of sun chips and a delicious salad. Instead of drinking more water I mixed it up a little. I had a cup of green tea. Not pictured is dinner, I made filet mignon, baked potatoes, green beans, and battered shrimp. I was trying to have a little date night dinner at home. It went over very well. Brian ranted about how good the steak was. I used this recipe if any of you want to try it. Yes I need a recipe for steak.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/steakhouse-steaks-recipe.html






Other Friday news, my saint of a father, did Brian and I a huge favor and watched Averie all day so Brian could finish his car. Talk about a life saver. Averie had a great time with him too. I love it when she spends time with my family. It's so nice to see the connection that they make with her, and her with them. 

Saturday, man Saturday was stressful. We went looking at houses. Which is so overwhelming for me, the idea of moving, packing, and unpacking is too much to handle right now. I just can't fathom moving again. I just don't want to do it. Ugh! After browsing houses all day, we went back over to my parents to swim. I love swimming, if we had a pool it would get a ton of use, and I would have a killer tan. Dinner was so good, and my dad bought, what is proving to be my favorite brand of beer, Sam Adams. I think I drank 5 of them. Oops!





Here is a fun one. Averie has not been as acclimated to the pool this year. Lesson for next year, put Averie in swim lessons at the beginning of the summer. Yep, that's my girl just chillin in the pool. There was a little bit of crying to get her in the pool. After about 10 minutes she calmed down and just hung out on the lounger. 


Let's see where am I? Sunday. I did nothing. I mean I did something but not note worthy. I cleaned, which I do all the time, so that is not really new. I went to the grocery store. That is always daunting and fun at the same time. Does anyone else feel like this. I love going to the store. I love the shopping and seeing all the possibilities. I dislike getting home and having to drag it all in the house and put it away. But, if someone volunteers to help me, I immediately turn them down. Why you ask? Cause I have a certain way I like things, and if someone helps that doesn't know or care, I have to redo everything they have done. making my job 5x harder. Not worth the help if you ask me. I am probably crazy, and have some sort of weird disorder, but that's the way things are. C'est la vie. 

Here is Brian and Averie sharing brownies last night after dinner, aren't they the cutest. 



Here we are at Monday. I have short week. I work Monday-Wednesday. I have a class on Thursday, and then Friday I am off. I love having every other Friday off. It's a life saver. 

This morning started off with a delicious cup of yogurt and chai seeds, and a cup of coffee. Can't live without coffee. 




I guess that is enough excitement for today. Oh, workouts. I did not run this weekend. I did do a 30 minute pilates work out yesterday. That felt great. I will probably run today after dinner. I have been wondering, what is the optimal amount of time to wait after you eat to do exercise?

Talk to you all later. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment