March 21, 2017

Meal Planning ~ Essentials shopping list

Happy Tuesday, one more day closer to the weekend. YAY!

I spent the better part of yesterday meal planning, organizing myself for the week, and writing up an essentials shopping list. You know a list complete with the stuff you buy every month, or week. As I started writing the list. I noticed that it was easier if I just included everything, even the stuff that we don't buy every month. I am just going to highlight the things at each shopping trip. That way I never forget anything. I think that this is an easier way for me to manage our monthly groceries.

If you have never made a list like this, this is my first time too. I will let you know how it goes. If it is helpful. I hope it is. I also hope it is going to help me coupon. YAY!

I have an idea, let's look at last weeks meal plan and see how well we followed it.
  • Monday  - Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini, We actually had this.
  • Tuesday  - Hamburgers/Hot dogs, We did not have this we had Roundtable.
  • Wednesday - Verde Enchiladas, I have no idea what we ate on Wednesday.
  • Thursday -  Bruschetta chicken http://www.mommyhatescooking.com/slow-cooker-chicken-bruschetta, Averie and I had soup.
  • Friday - PIZZA! I make my own dough. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017334-quick-pizza-doughI made Caprese Panini's. YUM
  • Saturday - Roast Chicken and potatoes. Check out Dinner a Love Story for her recipe. It is my favorite. Brian and I went out for a date night. I made Averie and Grammy Mexican rice, and taquitos.
So I wouldn't say meal planning is a fail for us, but we definitely change things based on circumstances. Let's give it a go this week.

Meal Planning:
  • Monday: Spaghetti, and balsamic dip with Rosemary bread.
  • Tuesday: Steak Fajitas
  • Wednesday: Fried Chicken and Mash potatoes
  • Thursday: ?
  • Friday: Pizza
  • Saturday: Roast chicken
I also plan on making a loaf of banana bread for the week. I think I have mentioned this recipe before. It is the Bethenny Frankel Boo Boo Banana Bread.

It's so easy and delicious. The only change to the recipe that I made is mini chocolate chips. The recipe calls for chocolate chips, which I assume is regular size. I like the mini the best. I also sometimes add walnuts. This post is making me so hungry.

I better head off and eat something before baby boy gets mad at me. EEK.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment