May 29, 2013

A Great Birthday trip, and Memorial Day

This past weekend was one for the books. Saturday was pretty uneventful, but Sunday was terrific. My parents took Brian and I to Napa for my birthday. My birthday is not until June, but this was one of the only weekends that we both had free this summer. Thank you SOFTBALL!

We left on Sunday, and made our way to Wine Country. Of course we made a quick stop at Starbucks. I tried this Raw granola bar, and it was so yummy. It had pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, goji berries, barley, and dried apples. Totally recommend.



Our first stop was in Calistoga. Summers is our favorite winery. It never disappoints when we visit. We always manage to buy the most wine there. Our next stop was a new winery for Brian and I. Benessere. What a beautiful name right. This winery had snacks for us to munch on while we tasted. That is always a winner in my book.



Onward....

Next was lunch at Tra Vinge in St. Helena, then Oxbow market, and Dean and Deluca. Man that is a classy string of stops. Oxbow has so much to offer. If you have never been it is totally worth it. It has great shops and Kara's Cupcakes. Enough said!






Next on the itinerary was dinner. Oh wait... I took a nap. At will. I could not believe that I was able to just lay my head down ans rest. I didn't have to worry about a little one killing herself while I dozed. I could nap peacefully. We went to a restaurant called La Strada for dinner. You will notice that there are no food pictures. That is because I ate it. *laughs* It did not last very long. I ate so well on this trip. I was amazed at how full I got, but could still eat. It was all just way to yummy.



Then we retired for the evening. The hotel that we stayed at was very pretty. I was impressed with how nice it was. The courtyard was breathtaking. It is a little paradise in American Canyon.




Sunday, where to begin. It was another long day. We drove out to Sonoma. Some of the best view in wine country I would say. Even better than Napa. The rolling hills were hard to photograph with an IPHONE, but I did the best I could.




MORE FOOD!!!!!!





Like promised, here is my attempt to photograph the rolling hills. I have to say Thank You to my parents, they do everything in there power to make sure that I am happy, and taken care of. I know that sometimes things are not easy, and they do their very best to take the pressure off. I love you guys, and could not ask for better parents. You are more than just parents to me you are my best friends. They truly broke the mold when they made you both.






0 comments:

Post a Comment