May 3, 2013

Best Day so Far in 2013!

Amber in back in California. YAY! I took Thursday off so that me and her could spend it together. My plan was to pick her up bright and early, and head to San Francisco. We got to San Francisco at about 10:30am, the first stop was the Ferry Building. I did a little research and found that on Thursday's they have a farmers market outside. Who doesn't like a Farmer's Market. So we drove around trying to find parking, and leave it to us to make that an adventure. The first place that we attempted to park had very little parking spots, and for some reason I chose the one that was at a strange diagonal. Then once we got settled into our parking spot we walked over to the kiosk o pay. $25.00 for the day. What! Hell NO! Amber walked over to a back alley behind the parking lot and saw that there was metered parking there too, but by hour. I hoped back in my car and out of my perfect parking job, and headed that direction. $12.00 for 4 hours. Much more our speed for sure. We were set, and headed over to the Ferry Building for a little exploring. The Market was pretty cool, a little small. The Ferry Marketplace was awesome though. They had so many specialty items, it all looked so yummy.




My plan was to later head to Golden Gate park for a little picnic. So while we were around all this good food. We decided to get our sandwiches and snacks for later. The views off the pier were amazing, and the weather was near perfect. This day is going to be amaze-balls (Amber will know this reference).





After all of the walking in the Ferry Building we were pretty hungry so we headed to the Lands End section of Golden Gate park and ate our yummy food. The views there were incredible as well.




Can you believe how incredible his day is so far and we are not done. Next after lunch was Coit Tower. I had never been, and even though Amber had she was a trooper going again. We  went all the way to the top. The views were pretty neat.







After Coit Tower, we decided to head back to Vacaville. We went to the Outlets and did a little bit of shopping. I was in the market for a new purse and wallet, and the Coach outlet is a great place to fix that problem. We checked out a few places including Coach, but nothing caught my eye. (hint, hint, Mother's Day). I did buy one shirt, and Amber bought a couple of things. Then I had to take her home. Sad face. I was dreading taking her home, because I really enjoy having her around, and I know it is going to be months before I see her again. I am going to try an see if she has any other free time on Sunday that way I can make sure I get all I need of her before she leaves to go back home.


On top, of the Fabulous day that I spent with Amber. Sheldon beat St. Francis, thanks to Nessa. She hit a 2 run homer in the 7th to ignite the rest of the team for the win. Good for her. I am so impressed with the season she is having. She is killing it. On the way home I had to pick up little Miss Averie. I could not wait to see her. It was funny, everywhere we went in San Francisco we were surrounded by pregnant women. Hmm..... Coincidence? I think not.

Well, we are now at the weekend. Tomorrow we are going to San Jose to watch some softball, and then home, and hopefully Sunday I can spend a little more time with the Bestie. Another great weekend ahead of me. Oh shizzle this month is off the hook already. Deep breath, and here we go.




0 comments:

Post a Comment