March 5, 2014

The Season Begins for the final YEAR!

The softball season started off yesterday with Sheldon's first game against Consumes Oaks. I have a new work schedule so I was not able to be at most of the games. Brian was there, I am pretty sure everyone who knows my family could have assumed that. Some people are alcoholics, or addicted to drugs. My husband is addicted to softball. It pretty much rules our world. Well for the next 5 months at least, then Nessa is off to college, and he has to adjust to a different kind of world. Until then, High School ball has started and Anessa is a SENIOR. Sheldon won the game against Consumes Oaks 8-4. Not the best outing for them but they brought home the win. In the long run that is what counts. This video is of their opening chant, and every time I watch it I get teary eyed. Even though I have some resentment towards softball (a given considering how much it has consumed my life these past 6 years). I still get excited for the games to start, and choked up when they win. It is a kind of high that is indescribable.


I have a very negative outlook towards life lately, I was reading some of my older posts, and nothing seems to make me happy anymore. Which isn't true. Lots of things, and events make me happy. Like watching Nessa play softball. I think this year is just going to be one of those transition years, where I struggle a little to be happy. Which is okay. I knew last year going into this year that it would be that way. So if there is a negative undertone to the things I write about, just know that I am optimistic for the change that the end of the year will bring. Life will be different in the best way for me and my family. It is time that the focus shifts.

That's it for now. I have to get back to work. : ) By work I mean actual work and my life. Aren't they the same!



3 comments:

  1. Hey Tricia, it's Dianna..
    I know all about transition! My oldest is a senior this year too! I can't believe you have a step-daughter for a senior! You're right when you say it's going to be hard to be happy. Sometimes, i can't even think with all the activity going on over here.. I feel like a doormat, maid.taxi, bank.. You name it. Having said that, You have done a great job! Raising one who isn't your own is tough. I'm sure this year will bring many many rewards that will come AFTER the fog! Good luck.. If you ever need to vent, I can be your ventee! BTW Avery is adorable! I love your updates and pics of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianna,
      Amen to everything. I am looking forward to the calm after the storm. : )
      I can't believe that you have a senior too. I would have never thought thought that we would both be raising college students at the same time. It is a whirlwind to say the least. I vent a lot so that would be awesome.

      Thanks, I love my little booger, and pics of her are like candy to me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete