April 1, 2015

Part 1 North Carolina Visit

This is going to be a two part post. My trip to North Carolina was everything I wanted and more. I got to visit with some of my favorite people in the world. I had my bags packed, and a delicious breakfast and was off. 
                      



On March 17th I arrived in North Carolina, Amber was there to pick me up from the airport. It was so nice to see her. I miss her all the time so having her pretty much to myself for 8 days was a great way to spend my vacation. On our way home we stopped to pick up a pizza, and grab some milk. They have this funny store in North Carolina called Harris Teeter. Teeter, haha! It is just a grocery store but the name is a little funny. 


After dinner it was time to retire. It had been a long day of flying and visiting. Oh and a time change that I didn't think would be too big of an issue, but boy was I wrong. 

On March 18th, Amber, the boys, and I woke up ate some lunch and went to the Marbles Museum. It was nice to see the boys play, and to play with them. They had a blast there. Averie would have loved this place. Maybe next time she can accompany me on my visit. I think she would enjoy playing with Caleb, and Lucas. 




Once we got home Amber finished making dinner, which was delicious, I ate it ALL! After dinner, Amber and Joe gave the boys baths, and put them to bed. Then we relaxed and hung out for a bit before heading to bed. Since I am on California time, when we went to bed at 10 pm, I remained up for another three hours until 1 am, but 10 pm my time. I watched SMASH on my iPad every night. 


March 19th, Day 3. We are headed to the Museum of Natural History. It was a little boring, but I didn't care I was having a blast just hanging out with Amber, Caleb, and Lucas. We could have been at the Grocery store and it would not have mattered. Which we did multiple times by the way. After our Museum work out, we had to get coffee at the coffee shop inside. Amber used to work at the Museum so we also went and visited a couple of old co-workers while we were there too.







March 20th we did a lot. We went to La Farm Bakery for lunch (sorry for the half eaten pictures, I was really hungry and it was delicious), and then Amber and I took the boys to wait for it..... COSTCO! I love Costco. I went crazy and bought a ton of stuff. Even peppercorns. I know I am strange, but I don't have a membership and so I took advantage.





Amber and I felt pretty bad that we didn't take the boys anywhere to play so we headed to the Cary Town Mall and let them play for a bit at the play center. They both really seemed to like it.

Friday night was our night, by our I mean Mine and Amber's. We went out to dinner to a place called La Cattura. It was nice to have a some girl time. Joe was a trouper and stayed home with the boys while we indulged in wine, filet mignon, asparagus, a delicious cheese and meat platter, creme brulee and chocolate torte. Oh man we made memories that night.






Next up was the weekend. The plan was for Joe to stay home and Amber and I would shop. More about my trip coming up in Part 2. I can't wait to share more of our adventures, and memories.

post signature





0 comments:

Post a Comment