April 3, 2015

Part 2 North Carolina Visit


Part 2 coming your way.

We did a lot in a little bit of time so brace yourself. On March 21st we headed to the shopping mall. Of course we had to shop, and she may not have bought a lot but I sure did. Your welcome North Carolina economy, anytime. 

Coffee was a must everyday. Why you ask, because Amber and Joe make their coffee half decaf and half regular. This mama needs real caffeine. I don't necessarily call Starbucks real, but it did the trick on this day. I also wanted to buy Grammy a North Carolina mug, so I was able to do both. One stop shop. Hint: We went for coffee number two a couple of hours later. Looking back I think we got coffee out everyday I was there. Awe! I miss them already.


After the outdoor mall, we headed to an indoor mall. Duh! Isn't that how you shop? That's how we do. Don't you love that you can see our waiter in our lunch picture. I think we went to one or two stores before working up and appetite and stopping at this place called Sweet Tomatoes. We had breadsticks, and Capellini Pomodoro. One of the great things about our friendship is that we share everything. Food, clothes, stories, struggles, and advice. If there is more to share, I am sure we share that too.





Second coffee of the day, guess what that meant. That we were wired. MORE SHOPPING!


Sunday, was very relaxing. We went to lunch at Patrick Janes, and ordered way too much food. Started with baked zucchini, then an apple, goat cheese, and candied pecan salad. Main course was a tomato, mozzarella, and arugula flat bread pizza. It was all so good, and we almost finished everything. Like I said it was a lot of food. We ate outside and just chatted the afternoon away. It was a very nice change of pace.






Why is this place only on the East Coast, Darn you Publix! I loved this store. We grabbed a few items that we needed for dinner, and made one more stop on the way home. Kilwin's Fudge. I thought this would be a great place to grab Brian a little souvenir. He loves chocolate, and I don't believe that we have this place in California. Perfect. Amber and I also bought ourselves a little snack. Not that we needed it. We ate non-stop the entire time I was there.




Hello Monday March 23rd. After one successful lunch trip with the boys to La Farm Bakery. Amber and I decided to try it again. And..... It was successful. They did great. We were even able to eat our food while they entertained themselves. Such big boys. After lunch we walked over to Waverly Place. A little outside place center, we figured they needed to run off some of their energy. Oh and they did. Once they decided that they were done chasing leaves, and torturing me and Amber, we strolled over to Whole Foods, to grab a couple of things for dinner again. The tides turned while we were there. So we broke down and pulled out our ammo. Bottles. Yep, smack dab in the middle of the wine aisle we fed the boys there bottles, while dreaming of the one we would consume later. Oh Wine, how I adore you. 






More coffee, the lunch place sold coffee and gelato, so we had both but not in that order. 




Dinner was tomato, basil, and mozzarella panini's, and baked potato chips. The combo was so good. I am still looking for those dam chips to go on sale to this day. I am cheap when it comes to chips. Not on sale, no go. We also broke out that bottle of wine from Whole Foods. It was a very nice last night in North Carolina. I knew that night that it was going to be hard to leave. I had such a great time, and Amber and Joe made me feel at home for the whole 8 days. It definitely made me want to come back and spend more time. They are my family away from family. Love you guys. 

Reality hit when Amber dropped me off at the airport. I was getting on a plane to come home, and although I missed home didn't want to leave. Can't I have it all. Life is too short to have to choose. 

I flew from North Carolina to Phoenix Arizona. In Phoenix I grabbed a beer and some dinner/lunch and watched the end of Smash. I managed to go through both seasons while I was visiting. Ironically the second season was ending and so was my trip. 



I then flew from Phoenix to Burbank, and Burbank to Sacramento. I was very happy to see my family. Brian and Averie came to pick me up, and Averie gave me the best hug and kiss a Mom could ask for. I was back at home and was going to have to get back in the groove of things. It was very bittersweet. I am home now and back at work. It is like I was able to escape life for a minute, even though that was life too. Strange but welcomed. 



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment