May 19, 2015

Making Averie feel better



Averie has been battling some kind of stomach bug. The same one that the whole family had about a week ago. It has taken her a long time to get back to normal. Finally I broke down and took her to the doctor. I wasn't sure what steps to take and I could tell that her belly was hurting her. By the recommendation of my best friend I started Averie on Culturelle kids probiotics. She is only on day two, but so far so good. No weird reactions, and her belly seems to be adjusting back to normal.


I also started buying Horizon Organic Lactose Free milk. Poor girl has been on the BRAT diet for several days now. I feel so bad that her diet has to be so bland, but what else is there to do. I will slowly start introducing regular foods back into her diet at dinner time. I can say one thing for sure she is a very excited little baby at dinnertime. Last night she had two plates of food.

 Now to vent. My daughter has down syndrome, and so we were regularly at the doctor for these stomach/bowel issues. I know not a pleasant topic, but when you can see the hurt in your little girls face cause she has gas or can't poop, or poops too much then you will understand. We have been to multiple doctors regarding this ongoing issue. My first problem is that not one of the doctors mentioned her seeing a GI doctor. Second problem, non of them thought to test her for an allergy to milk. Don't get me wrong she still has not been tested. The change to lactose free me is an experiment. Once she has normal bowel movements again I will take her off the lactose free and put her back on regular milk to see if it makes a difference. I shouldn't have to conduct my own experiments. I am at fault too, I did not request any of this stuff, but should I have to. I pay to come to the doctor and them tell me what to do. That is why they are the doctor. Okay, I am sure I can go on and on but I will spare everyone the details. I am sure I shared to much already.

I just want my baby girl to feel better, and luckily with these changes she is slowly becoming her bubbly and happy self. We have seen a big difference since the change to lactose-free milk. Or at least I think that is why she is feeling better. Time will only tell. I will leave you with this adorable picture of my sweet girl.


Oh, I almost forgot. The doctor did recommend one thing. Averie hates pedialyte, so the doctor recommended making popsicles. I am happy to report it worked like a charm. This is her chomping down on a delicious homemade pedia pop. I was feeding them to her like candy. This is what happens when mama's get nervous that their little ones will become dehydrated. I will update in a week or so.


post signature



1 comments:

  1. i keep forgetting to try probiotics for addilyn. she has been sick a lot and i have read about them and don't know why i don't buy them already!

    ReplyDelete