May 6, 2015

More Crazy

I cannot believe the craziness that has ensued these last couple of weeks. It has literally been one thing after another. To the point where I have to look at my calendar to figure out what day it is. The last time I posted it was the end of April so I guess I will update from there.

On April 24th I had my tonsils removed. Yes at 31 years of age those babies had to come out. Last winter I was home sick four or five times with strep and I definitely do not have the patience to do that again this coming winter. It is just not the kind of thing I want to pencil onto my calendar, if you know what I mean.


The experience overall of having them removed was not the greatest but I didn't expect it to be rainbows, and butterflies. I am now 12 days post surgery and I am slowly recovering. I still feel some soreness and swelling. Recovery probably would have gone a little smoother if it wasn't for a nasty flu bug I got this last Sunday. Which by the way has migrated to all of my family. Grammy, Mom and Dad are the current victims. Brian, Averie and I are all hopefully over it. Fingers crossed. Between the surgery and being sick I was off for 10 straight days. I hate taking time off under those circumstances.

Now, I know that you are probably thinking, "Man that has got to be boring staying in bed for 10 days straight." Well if you have read my blog you know pretty clearly that I did not stay in bed for all that time. I did for the first 7 days, but then I had to move and do something. ANYTHING! On Friday Anessa came down and we watched some softball. Which admittedly was a mistake. I was the only one entertaining Averie and a week after surgery that just was too much for me still. We ended up playing in the air conditioned car for the last 30 minutes of the softball game. The car is like a play pen, she gets to climb all over the seats and I get to sit in one. Thank goodness.


After the game Brian dropped Averie and I off at the house and they went to dinner. I still was not eating solid food so it didn't makes sense for me to be in yet another situation where I have to entertain Averie. It is like we aren't even there sometimes.

Saturday we all hoped in the car and took a drive down to Chico, as if I have not been through enough already right. Chico was very nice actually, and one of the potential schools for Anessa to attend next year. (For those of you that didn't know. Anessa previously had a full ride scholorship to San Jose State for softball. That is where she attended this past year. But due to some personality conflicts and lack of opportunity she decided that she did not want to attend SJSU next year. So here we are back at square one trying to find a new school and get at least a partial scholarship. Craziness I told you.) Back to Chico. The campus was very clean and seemed friendly and laid back. All qualities I think Anessa would like in a school. She has also got some interest from a few other schools but this one was close enough to visit.

We walked around, and got some lunch @ a place called Mo's and then headed back to Sacramento for dinner with the Kaylor family for Anessa's 19th birthday. No taking breath over here.

Averie slept through most of lunch


I tried to eat these, but had to chew like a 1,000 times. I eventually gave up.

Brian's lunch

Sunday, oh my oh my this post is long. I know your tickling with excitement. *smiles*

NOTHING! That's right Sunday we did nothing. Oh but why? Cause Brian and I were so sick that we could barely move. Hello stomach bug. I will spare the details, but it was something that the devil made. It was bad, and keep us down for two days. Monday was the 10th day that I did not work. I did finally make it back to work on Tuesday. With a pretty great attitude too. There are more changes coming this summer. You will just have to wait and see! It is going to get a whole new kind of crazy.
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment