May 12, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend is always a struggle for me. I always have these grand ideas of how everything is going to play out, and I am always disappointed. I guess I have to learn to lower my expectations.

Friday was my RDO (Requested Day Off), so I prepped dough for our pizza dinner, and ran a bunch of errands. I also did a lot of cleaning, I mean detail cleaning. It was long overdue. Having my tonsils out really took a toll on my cleaning abilities.

Dinner turned out great and Averie was my big helper in the kitchen. She is slowly becoming more aware and following directions. I reward that kind of behavior with being mommy's helper.


We made a tomato, basil, and mozzarella pizza. While Averie and I were making the pizza I noticed that every time I would put a tomato on, it would disappear. My booger was stealing the tomatoes and eating them. I guess there are worse things she could eat, and steal. *smiles* The pizza was delicious and the beer much needed.

That evening we all just hung out and watched TV nothing too exciting. 

Saturday however was going to be fun. We went to the Farmers Market in the morning. Averie was mad that we were taking so long to buy raisins. Poor girl.




Once we got home I washed all our healthy finds and prepped them for use. This always helps me during the week. Averie and I spent the afternoon hanging out with Anessa who came up for the evening. After some quality time with the fam it was time to prep dinner.


I made chicken pesto pasta and bruschetta. The farmers market and bruschetta go hand in hand. I love using fresh local tomatoes and basil. They are so fragrant and might I mention tasty. Averie is able to indulge in her tomato addiction, she would eat the whole bowl if I let her.

After dinner we had some visitor's. Clint and Luke came over to chat and see Averie. They genuinely love that little girl and often make special trips just to come and say hi to her. I love it!

Luke stayed with us and I took Brian, Averie, and Luke to Vampire Penguin. Interesting name right. I will have to look into why it is called that. It won't be today though. I am blogging. *laughs*




We ordered the Deluxe Strawberry Cheesecake. Brian was in seventh heaven. I don't think he realized what I meant when I said it was so good and shaved ice. He had a preconceived notion that it was the typical shaved ice that you get at the fair or an amusement park. Oh no my love this was exceptional shaved ice. I would like to announce that he is officially addicted. So much that he wants to go almost everyday. Oops, my bad. Luke ordered the Smores Oreo. No pictured sorry.

Sunday, Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. I hope you had a wonderful and blessed day.

My day went like this. Well after the long night with Averie and having to get up at 6am. Thanks Honey. In an attempt to recover himself from being absent during the evening.

Brian woke up and made me breakfast. Okay good start.


Oh I forgot the night before is when Anessa and Brian gave me my mothers day present. See's chocolates, and Bath and Body candles. Oh and of course Brian sent Anessa out last minute to buy these items. Maybe I will just come to expect this as his MO.


After breakfast and a little relaxing we headed over to my Mom and Dads for a BBQ. My favorite Pappy's chicken, garlic bread, and cesar salad.


After dinner Averie did a little homework and "swimming". I say "swimming" because we used the old sandbox. It is still early for real swimming, so the pool toys have not come out yet. Soon, very soon. 





Man I love this kid. She makes being a Mommy so worth it every day, not just Mother's Day. I love all of my family, surprised? Haha. They really do try, and that is always appreciated. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful, hard working, dedicated, selfless, tired, and loving Moms out there. If no one has told you lately, YOU ARE AMAZING!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment