March 14, 2016

back to work and a weekend recap

Good Morning everyone! I hope y'all are ready for Monday. I am back to work and feeling pretty good. I am currently sorting through work emails, and drinking a large cup of coffee. There is something relaxing about being at work before everyone else and just going through the motions.

Let's recap on the weekend.

Saturday, Averie and I just hung around the house. I cleaned a lot, and we read books and played games, and of course watched cartoons. The rainy weather limits us, so we have to make do with inside activities. I made Averie tuna salad for lunch and we had a cupcake for dessert. Yummy right! Dinner was not planned, so Brian used the buy one get one Chipotle coupon we got in the mail last week. What a deal, I think he walked away paying 8 bucks for dinner for the three of us. STEAL! Then I planned my blogging for the week (applause), watched a little TV and off to bed we went.

Sunday was busy, busy. I woke up with Averie @ 5:30am, wait.... 6:30am. Time change is a stinker I tell you. I went to bed late on Saturday, so waking up at 6:30am meant I needed coffee, and lots of it.  I made breakfast, which we ate in the living room. Once the wave of breakfast ended and was cleaned up I gave Averie a bath.





Once we were dressed the day could begin. First stop Walmart for some necessities. Then back home to prep dinner, make Minestrone soup for the upcoming week, and organize our backpacks. I put Brian to work on hanging more pictures around the house, and cleaning out the garage. Things that have to get done eventually.

Averie and I read books late in the afternoon, and by golly she fell asleep. So what did I do..... funny you should ask. I relaxed for what seemed like hours, but really was only about 30 minutes. This is what happens when I relax. I snack and I watch television and read a magazine all at the same time. Just trying to fit it all in people. *laughs*



Later that evening my parents stopped by, and brought me flowers. I love when family visits. I love entertaining. I had made a lot of chicken for dinner so I invited them to stay. So we ate Teriyaki Chicken. I think they were impressed how good it looked and tasted. I guess they didn't know that I am not to shabby in the kitchen.
This recipe has been a staple in my rotation for months now. I think the sesame seeds and scallions make the dish. It just looks all fancy. It was nice to talk to my parents and catch up. I guess this is one perk of us living closer. Random drop-ins by loved ones. After my folks left, It was back to preparing for the week ahead. Meal planning, and finishing up laundry. 

One Week Meal Plan:

Monday - Pork Tenderloin with Fingerling Potatoes
Tuesday - Fajitas 
Thursday - Tortellini with Sauteed Zucchini
Friday - Pizza on Homemade dough

I have to say that the only reason I got into meal planning is because of my best friend Amber. This time last year I went to visit her in North Carolina and every week she would meal plan and then shop for the things that she would need. I thought to myself, what a great idea, and a time saver. To this day I love it when she texts me her meal plan for the week. It is also a great way to share recipes, which we also do. Actually the Minestrone recipe that I used over the weekend is one that she passed down to me. It is easy and delicious. 

Well I think I covered everything that went on this past weekend plus some. 

Have a great Monday everyone!
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment