June 5, 2012

Election Day June 5, 2012


I am rested and ready to go, go to the polling booth that is. Except that there is one problem, I have no idea where I am going! I admittedly have not voted in the past two elections, and the guilt has settled in, starting now. I honestly am not all that interested in voting. I am not a very political person. However, I would say in the past month, I have slowly started to change my ways. I think that it is important for me to vote, have my opinion heard or documented at the least. Deep down I feel like it may not make a difference, but I am part of a bigger picture, you know. Maybe if a bunch of non-voters decide that maybe the difference is in the numbers it will actually stem change. I know that this is not the reason for the way the world is right now, but I do feel like maybe not voting has created some of the negative energy in the world. Silly, but maybe. Needless to say, I am going to do some serious reading today and seek out my polling place. I guess in the long run I would rather be a part of the solution and not the problem. So here is my attempt at making a difference.

Last night was a long night in addition to thinking {worrying} about voting. I was trying to get some quality learning time in with Averie, make dinner, and talk to my husband and step-daughter about their day. There is always a little, okay, I am lying a lot of cleaning to do. Especially when my husband and daughters are cooped up in the house all day. They make the house look like a tornado hit it. I have got in a routine of taking a walk through the house right as I get home, and picking up all the dishes, trash, and clothes that are left everywhere. That way it looks half way decent and I do not feel like screaming at the top of my lungs. Once I regain my sanity, I start dinner. We tried something new last night. I made two pork tenderloins in the crock pot a couple of days ago and used one for pulled pork with BBQ sauce, and the other for carnitas. Not authentic carnitas, Brian and I experimented. He thought that throwing in Salsa Verde would make the pork taste delicious. I am not a big meat eater, so I did not even taste it. Anessa and Brian thought it was to die for, so this is definitely going to make it into the dinner rotation. All I did was......

Put two frozen pork tenderloins in the crock pot with some onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a onion quartered. Turn the crock pot on low for 8 hours. I usually do this in the morning before I go to work, that way when I get home it is all ready to go. I shred all the pork in the crock pot, and split it into two portions. I put one portion in the fridge {for a dinner another night} and mix the other with the Salsa Verde. We use Fresh and Easy Salsa Verde. I cut up toppings, like cilantro, onion, tomatoes, and lettuce and Tada!!!! Our spin on carnitas, Salsa Verde style. The trick to making then seem authentic is using corn tortillas and frying them just a little. I had a long day and so I needed to throw in a nice glass of white wine. I had a glass of Starborough Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. It was really tasty with the tacos and much needed. Thanks Amber, I think you were the one that mentioned this wine.


0 comments:

Post a Comment