June 3, 2012

The Sacramento Zoo

My Mother, Averie, and I went to "Dreamnight" at the Sacramento Zoo on Friday. It was a lot of fun. We met some new friends, an had a few firsts. Averie got to see all the animals{most of which were tired from the heat}. A few came out to play, and Averie enjoyed watching them. She was more attentive to the animals that spoke and made sounds. She is only 16 months after all. They also had food and activities for all the kids. Oh.... And one of the best parts. As you walked into the Zoo they had a table full of stuffed animals for all the kids to choose from. Averie selected a cheetah. He is very cute, they all were.

Saturday was dedicated to softball. We spent 9 hours outside in the hot sun. Averie and I stayed pretty shaded the whole time and still came home with a burn. I guess sunscreen does not work in my family. We have to had put on 2 or 3 coats. It might be time to find another brand.

Now...

We are on our way to great aunt Sue and Dennis's house for a family picnic. My Cousin that lives in Oklahoma is down with her husband and little girl. I have not met either of them yet, so this is quite a treat for Averie and I. I really enjoy getting away and spending time with my family. I love softball, and watching Anessa play. It just gets to be to much sometimes. It takes a lot out of a person having to plan for 4 people to be out in the sun for 8-10 hours. I like those days that I can stay home get some much needed cleaning done and spend time with my little girl. It helps to spend the weekend outside when u are not burnt already and properly lathered with SPF 2000. That sun is a killer. Well I have been typing for too long in the car so I will leave u with some zoo pics.

1 comments:

  1. As you walked into the Zoo Independent Living Sacramento they had a table full of stuffed animals for all the kids to choose from.

    ReplyDelete