May 31, 2012

Another First

My plan for today's post was to talk about Averie having corn on the cob for the first time this past weekend. I know for some that is exciting {like me}, but for others, I am sure your are thinking, "why is she dedicating an entire post to her baby eating corn on the cob." Wow... when I write it down it does seem kind of lame. I am a sap and love talking about her. What can I say, everything that she does is exciting to me.

Instead, I am going to talk about all of the new things going on, and a few old. My family has been through a lot in the past two years, from the loss of loved ones, to financial struggles, and physical and mental breakdowns. We have definitely overcome our share of hurdles, and I think it is time for the sun to come out and shine down on us just a little bit. Not a lot, just a little. This year started off really well, Anessa verballed to San Jose State University with a Softball scholarship, We seemed to be getting back on track money wise, and eventhough there were a few health scares, everything turned out to be okay. I was starting to feel like this year was going to be less challenging than last year. Admittedly this year is less of a challenge, but it still came with a few big obstacles.

A very dear friend of my Family passed in April, and her passing came as a big shock to everyone. She appeared to be in good health and she was still so very young. She left behind a lot of friends, and her husband and daughter. When someone passes that you are very close with you tend to re-evaluate your own life. You create a new set of priorities for yourself and your family. Unfortunately it takes something like this to occur for some of us to see, that our focus needs to be adjusted. I want to remember her, by being a better person. It is as simple as that. She was an inspiration to many and I want to honor that. I am sure that in time I will figure out different ways, but for now.....

I want to be more active in my community, while at the same time still being present in my family. So, this year I have volunteered to be the Treasurer on the Board for my oldest daughters High School Softball team. I am also reaching out to other families that have children with Special Needs and making connections. I am trying to change my perspective on life, the idea is that maybe if I am able to make a negative year into a positive one, things will start to re-adjust. This is just a theory, worst case scenario I become involved in my life instead of feeling sorry for it. I understand that this a rambling mess. I just really feel out of place with myself lately.

In better news, Grammy and Averie have been swimming everyday at Wackford Community Center. It is a nice, new facility in Elk Grove with an amazing pool. I am honestly kind of jealous. We are also going to go to the "Dream Night" at the Sacramento Zoo this Friday. Averie has never been to the Zoo so that will be fun. I am excited to see how she reacts to all the animals. The only animal she is ever around is her sister. *laughs* Averie has also discovered that she loves music. Itsy Bitsy Spider is her favorite. She will watch the Sprouts channel only if in the show they are singing. I cannot wait until she is able to sit still long enough to watch plays and go to kids concerts. I have noticed something in my writing lately. For every bad thing that happens, there seems to be a good something right behind it.

Confession time....I have fallen off of the goals ban wagon. I still don't feel organized, I think I need a day in my house to get back on track. Then I need to figure out how to maintain. That is the tricky part. On the food front, I have been eating pretty healthy. Just not as healthy as I could be. You know how that goes. It does not help that I spend the majority of my weekends at a softball field that has a snack bar full of great unhealthy things to eat. Nachos YUM! I have always had a weakness for cheap cheese. The Farmer's Market is today at the Capitol, so I will be grabbing a few fresh fruits and veggies for the remainder of the week.

Thanks for listening everyone, and if you have any advice on how to juggle home life, work life, and social life it is much appreciated. I think that I am just blessed to be busy. I will find my groove eventually. Now something to smile about.





0 comments:

Post a Comment