March 20, 2013

All good days ahead....

It is raining here today, have I mentioned that I love the rain. Love it! I just hope that it stops by 7pm so I can go on my run, and use my cool new app. I am thinking that I might just go running in the rain. We will see I guess. My best friend Amber is coming down in May to visit, and I tried to talk her into doing a race with me. But the booger would rather relax on her vacation. Can't blame her I guess. I would want to relax as well. Maybe I am psycho for thinking that running is so much fun. I look forward to the days where I can RUN!

Me and her text a lot. I mean A LOT, A LOT. Yesterday she text me a picture of her work out. Tuesday was my day off from exercise. I needed to give the ole shins and calves some time to recoup. She likes to run too, but mixes in a little Pilate's here and there. Probably a good idea, keeps you nice and limber. She actually turned me onto the 10 minute workout DVD that you see here. It is cool because you can select a bunch of individual 10 minute workouts, up to an hour. So if you only have time to do the buns and thighs, it is only 10 minutes. Super handy for the girl on the go. She is addicted to working out, the gym, running, and Pilates. I am sure there will be more on her workout routine in future posts. I am always interested to see what she is up to, it doesn't matter what it is.


She also sent me a picture of their dinner.


Delish Right?


I told you that we text a lot. She lives in North Carolina, so we try our best to keep in touch, share recipes, text shop (that is exactly what it sounds like), send care packages (these are my fav), and try on outfits. A girl needs to make sure she looks good when she goes to work. She works at the Museum of Natural Sciences, so her job is a little more upscale then mine. I wear jeans daily. Needless to say her outfits are better than mine. *smiles*


Well a rainy day, means that the day is going to be involving a lot of this. Hum dinging around. I am thinking breakfast, then stamps, then some envelope stuffing, then maybe some blog stalking, oh and then maybe a little of my actual job. To think I have to train again today. I am not prepared at all.

Oh and the stew I made in the crock pot came out great, well that is what the family said. Like I said before, I cook for them mostly. I had a bowl of pasta, with butter, Parmesan, and salt. This is my favorite meal ever. This is what I ate yesterday, minus a dark chocolate hershey bar, and a glass of milk. I can see pretty clearly right now, and know that there are only good days ahead.

The blurry one is Pirates Booty. Yummo!

My body is adjusting to my new found love, running. I have noticed that my shins and calves are sore. I have also noticed that I am hungry more often. I think it would be safe to say that my body is slowly starting to adjust. Any idea how long this adjustment period might take? My body feels a little off. I have also noticed that at night I am not tired. I am pretty restless. I am not a huge advocate for taking meds to sleep better, but I did find some chewable Melatonin at Trader Joe's that I am going to try. I need something to calm this over active brain  of mine down.



0 comments:

Post a Comment