July 30, 2012

"A" Okay

Averie is doing wonderful after her surgery. The nurses were very surprised at how well she did. They put her under, and it took literally 15 minutes for them to put the tubes in. In order for her to come home she had to wake up from the anesthesia. This is where the nurses were impressed. It only took her a few minutes, and she was not grumpy at all when she woke. They told us in the beginning that most babies are very grumpy and uncomfortable. Averie was a champ.Not only did she wake up happy, but she started eating normal food right away. No special diet for our little girl. She did have a little bleeding out of one ear, which is to be expected according to the doctors. Other than that one ear bleeding, there have been no other complications. We are putting her drops in, and she is feeling fantastic.

We have definitely noticed a difference in her hearing. She is responding to us a lot better. She is also talking louder. Okay making noises. She has got "Mama" down. She knows who I am for sure. The other words will come slowly. the speech therapist will let us know if she can see a difference.

Now we are going to focus on the walking and talking. She is scaling walls now, which is a great sign. She is doing a little independent standing but not for to long. My little girl is getting there. I am very excited for the talking. I am going to read her as many books as I can. I know that helps. Maybe not a lot but a little I am sure. The newest development are the pull ups. She grabs onto the edge of the table and hangs like a monkey. It is the cutest thing. It blows me away how strong she is. I do believe it is super human. She is getting so big. She will be 18 months soon. Look out for some pictures. I think I am going to try my hand at taking them myself. Maybe the park on the swings. She is so much fun. I am sure that we can make it work wherever.

Here is my Baby girl post surgery eating some veggie chips. Like nothing ever happened.





2 comments:

  1. Ben had his tubes put in yesterday. He's had a little bleeding too but otherwise seems to be doing well! Here's too healthy ears and improved hearing for our little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to pull up your blog and it never loads. Maybe it is my computer, but I miss reading about Ben. Silly computer. I can't believe that they both had their surgeries so close together. How is Ben recovering? Averie is doign great. She loves the cotton balls that I shove in her ears everytime she gets in the bath. LOL

    ReplyDelete