April 4, 2013

Crash, Bang, BOOM!

It is going to be a long day downtown for this girl. I am just now getting to work at 8:30am. A whole hour past my actual start time. I have a large accident to thank for this. A big rig crashed into the center divide on the freeway, holding up traffic for 5 miles. Apparently the freeway went down to two lanes. In the morning when I hear that, I know I'm in trouble. What this really means for all of us commuter's is hours of waiting, and staring at brake lights. My mother and I decided to try and avoid it by going around. I am not sure that was worth it, but here I sit ready (kinda) to work. It is going to be a really long day, have I said that already. The rain is not helping my case here either.





Onto something a little more entertaining, exciting to me at least. My run yesterday was fantastic. I ran with Shelly and had so much fun. It is awesome to run with someone. It makes the time fly as well as the laps. Getting pretty pumped for Sunday too. Here I come Running of the Elk. Woot-woot!! I do admit that I am still concerned about the full 3.1 miles, but I am confident that once I am in a groove I will be fine. There is nothing like a finish line to motivate me. I know that is psycho, but it is the truth.



Nessa's high school tournament starts today, they have a game at 5pm, and 7pm. Which means......wait for it.....I am home alone until about 10pm. Yahoo! I love it when it is quiet and I can just sit on the couch and watch my "crap" TV. For those of you that don't know what I mean by that. "Crap" TV is what Brian calls, all of the Real Housewives shows, SMASH, GLEE, all the shows I enjoy watching. I use these moments when they are both away to indulge. I love me some Rachel Zoe, Guiliana and Bill, and Big Rich Texas. Man I can't wait to get home. *laughing*

I also have Cilantro Lime Chicken in the crock pot. Man it is going to be a good evening. Complete turn around from the morning for sure.

Now I am off to read a couple of my favorite blogs. Dinner a Love Story, Skinny Chick Blog, and eatingRD. I don't really have much else planned for the day. I might work a little. I got a lot done yesterday thanks to Grammy. I went to the bank, store, and picked up Nessa from school. I think I might have one stop on the way home today, but that's not to shabby.

See ya....




0 comments:

Post a Comment