April 22, 2013

Play by Play

One of the best weekends in a while. I love it when the weekends are packed full of fun stuff. Saturday was spent at Luke's game, a trip to Trader Joe's, and then home for some gardening and cleaning. The plan was to go to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning, but..... Averie decided to stay up until 3am so she did not wake until 9:30am. I have no idea what she was thinking, but Mama got some much needed rest, while Dad stayed up with her. Thank Goodness. 

Sunday, oh Sunday. Luke stayed the night, and Nessa went to a friends house. We swapped kids. I love having Luke over. He is so good with Averie. They play and wear each other out. My FAVORITE. The morning started with a relaxing trip to the backyard to water my new plants. Then I  convinced Brian to go to the Farmer's Market downtown. He is so funny, he is not the type of guy that kicks and screams when we go to these kind of places, he rather enjoys them actually. Sorry honey, I let the cat out of the bag. So, the farmers market, the best farmers market to date. I was shocked how many vendors there were. We are talking, meat, cheese, olive oil, wine, fruits and veggies, plants, and flowers. I was shocked how much there was to look at, my eyes could not process fast enough. I am ready to go back next weekend already. After the market we headed to Elk Grove park to drop off Nessa some food. She had a busy morning umpiring, so we knew that she would be hungry and thirsty. What nice parents we are, right? Then back to the grind. Off to Fresh and Easy, our go to place to buy meat. I think after going to the Farmer's Market, Trader Joe's, and Fresh and Easy we should be good at least for a couple of weeks on food.You would think.






I did enter into another realm of motherhood this weekend. Some might say that it is a right of passage. I bought and roasted a whole chicken for the first time, and I would call it a total success. I thought it would be much harder than it was. It was super yummy as well. We easily have dinner for 2 maybe 3 nights. Did I mention that I had a great weekend. I am even more excited for next weekend and week. Next weekend Brian and Nessa are going to LA and I am going to have some serious Averie and Mommy one on one, then the following week Amber is coming HOME! We are going to spend Thursday doing whatever we want. I am sure that there is going to be some shopping involved. Oh man there is so much going on and to talk about, it all would take forever to write it all down. As you can see, and read I am trying. 


Before

After
Here is the recipe that I used for the Roast chicken,

http://www.dinneralovestory.com/roast-chicken/

Last thought. How much I love this little girl.





0 comments:

Post a Comment