April 8, 2013

The Finish Line

I meant to go back to Saturday's post and continue on from there, but that is just way too much work for me this morning. I think I can confidently say that I am not a morning person. I wish I were, and if anyone out there can give me tips on how to be. They are welcome to share.


This is me on race day! Waiting at the 9 minute mile marker. I admit I was being optimistic. I have not managed to run a 9 minute mile yet. I thought that this would be as good a time as ever to push myself.

Plan:
1st Mile - Jog
2nd Mile - Jog
Remaining 1.1 Miles - Pound the Pavement as hard as I can, and I did.


Here are my results. #84, that's me. Not to shabby for my first race!
84 out of 1001 total runners. 
31 out of 709 for the women. 
7th out of 99 in my age group.


Official Time - Chip time 27.00.93 (new PR)

Splits
Mile 1 - 9.34
Mile 2 - 9.05
Mile 3 - 7.45
Mile .1 - 1.23

The overall race was great. It was 3.16 miles according to my ismoothrun app. They had a Gatorade, and water station at about mile 2. I was so motivated that I didn't stop. Which in retrospect was probably not a good idea, but next time I will make sure to hydrate up. Then at the end of the race they had more water and Gatorade, and fruit and pastries. I didn't grab anything, I was feeling a little nauseous at the end. I am sure that had to do with the fact that I power ran the last mile. I was in my head the whole time, saying you can do this. Your not REALLY tired. *laughs* I think that this race is only the start of more to come. I am so excited to do another. maybe the Zoom Zoom one on the 14th of this month. Hmmm?

Other than this race, I didn't do much the rest of the day. I have compression shortie socks that I threw on. I figured it couldn't help right. Can't wait to get a pair of the pro compression socks. I just can't afford them at this particular moment. I did fit in some cleaning on Sunday as well as a little cooking. Just trying to get ready for the week. It should be another busy one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment