March 3, 2015

Weekend Whirlwind

What a weekend. It was a long weekend for me. I had Friday off. I love having a three day weekend every other week. I love having one more full day with my little girl. It is the best. THE BEST!

Friday Averie and I went to this place called Climbaroo. It is the ultimate jungle gym for kiddo's. Look at this place! It's amazing and Averie just loves it. It's a great place for her to be social and work off all that energy she has. It is so much fun watching her interact with other kids.



After Climbaroo we headed home. I did a lot of cleaning this weekend. I usually clean all weekend long, but it is nice to start on Friday and take some time on Sunday to relax.

Saturday, Brian, Averie and I spent the day together running around. We buy Girl Scout cookies every year from a friend of ours, so we drove to pick up our cookie order from her. While we were in the neighborhood we also went to Carter's to buy Averie some clothes. She is swimming a lot during the week so a new bathing suit was in order. From there we headed home. On the way home we made one more little pit stop. LUNCH! Our favorite place Zia's Deli. I am in love with their Lucca sandwich. It is a sourdough roll with turkey, prosciutto, lettuce, tomato, and monterey jack cheese. It is so delicious.The picture below does not do it justice.



I want another one now that I am talking about it. One draw back of this place is that it is a little pricey, but you can not beat the quality of the food you are getting. It is totally worth the $7-$8 bucks. Brian gets the Toscana, it has salami, provolone, peppers and oil/vinegar. It is delicious too. That was pretty much Saturday. I think we made a trip to Walmart later in the evening, but that is not very exciting, just expensive.

Sunday, I stayed home and cleaned, and played with Averie. It was a good day over all. Short and sweet. Then Sunday evening happened.

Here is what happened......

Brian and I were sleeping soundly, when the doorbell rang. Brian immediately thought it was Grammy, assuming that it was around 7am. I got up to unlock the door and let her in. The problem with that is that it was not Grammy. It was a teenager coming to tell me that my garage door was open. I thanked him and closed the door and walked to the garage to close that door. I walked back to the bedroom with a very unsettled feeling. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 12:30am. That did it. I was not able to sleep a wink at this point. Something wasn't right. I thought it was so strange, but nice of him to tell me. What I didn't understand, was why was he walking around the neighborhood at this time of night. I eventually got back to sleep, but didn't sleep well. I slept maybe an hour in total. My alarm went off and I got up and started getting ready for work. Super tired and drained. Grammy walked in the door as I was about to leave, and mentioned that Brian's tires were all flat. What?! Sure enough we both walked outside and the tires were all flat. They slashed all four. I immediately thought I should check on my car. Sure enough, they cleaned out my  glove box, and console. I don't keep a lot in my car, so there was nothing taken that I couldn't replace. I decided to stay home so that I could help with the recovery of this situation. Police report, replacing tires, catching up on the sleep I missed. I knew I would not be able to sleep that night for fear that they would come back so I worked in a nap during the day. Much needed I might add. What an eventful Monday right. I still can't believe that all happened. Now it is Tuesday and Brian and I are looking for land. I think we are ready to move out of the suburbs. We don't think we will ever escape crime, but we would like to make our lives easier. Maybe moving to the country will help.

Alrighty I am signing off. Talk to you all tomorrow.
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment