March 8, 2013

A Jumble of Stuff!

If someone were to come up to me let's say one month ago, and asked me how this year was going. I would have responded with, "Ugh I don't want to talk about it." However if someone were to ask me that same question now. I would respond with, "Man so far so good." This response is in part to a few things.

Let's begin...My Husbands job is very unreliable (stress inducer), in a reliable kind of way, and currently things are moving pretty consistently. (If you know me you understand this a little better) My stepdaughter Anessa is doing really well this softball season. She is having a spectacular high school season, which in turn means less yelling in my house.

I am on the Board for the Softball Booster club, which is stressful, but at the same time gets me out of the house forcing me to be social. I need to be more social. That is with people outside of the work place, and my house. I am still working full time BLAH. Which I would love to change, but my job is great, so if I have to do it five days a week. I am glad I do what I do.

Averie is FANTASTIC. She is doing my social leg work for me. She is a member of My Gym (totally recommend this for all kids of all ages), she goes to music class, library time, aqua therapy, and has weekly visits with therapists at the house. She is two now, and running a muck. She pulls towels out of cabinets and ALL her clothes out of their drawers. I would have gone nuts, if you had told me that my kid would do this some day. Ironically, I love watching her, and don't mind picking them up three times a day either. She is the twinkle in my eye, and the soul to my heart.

What am I missing.....

 Brian and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary in May. I will be turning 30 in June. CRAP!!! 30. When did that happen. I guess that is what happens when you blink too much. I will try harder to restrain myself in the coming years. I have been sick a lot this year, and I think all the germs are slowly brainwashing me. I am really concerned about how I spend my time lately. Meaning, more time with family, less time arguing. More time enjoying the people around me, less time arguing. Do you see where this is going? I know that every marriage has their ups and downs, but this year I wanted things to be different. That is why I would have responded with, " Ugh I don't want to talk about it." at the beginning of the year. Like I said, things are starting to look brighter, and I am starting to feel a little higher. I am more organized, finally! I am in a better place, (at the moment) Fingers crossed this extends to the end of the year.

We have had lots of events so far. Sheldon Softball Club had their annual Tri-tip dinner. My Grandpa went. Thanks Grandpa. We had a pretty good time, even though we did not win anything in the raffle, there is no feeling like spending a wad of cash on raffle tickets and winning nothing. I know what you are all going to say it is for a good purpose. Screw that I wanted to win a prize!  I was pretty busy running around doing board member like things, but I managed to get some Grandpa/Family time in. The food was fantastic!

I got my Hair done! This took forever. Casey at Luxi Spa did a great job. 

Jeremy's band the Destroyer played at the Ace of Spades in February. I hear they did a great job. I was not able to go, but I checked out the set on Facebook the day after. They have their own Facebook page if ylu want to check it out. I have to warn you, it is SCREAMO music. Travel ball for Anessa has slowed some, so there is not much to report on that front. High school is in full swing. Which is exciting and she is doing well as I said before. I love watching her play. Junior Prom is this month, so get ready for some pictures of that soon. Averie, Anessa, and I are going to the Picture People tomorrow to get Averie's 2 year old photos taken, and some shots of Anessa and Averie for Father's day for Brian. Oh no, hopefully he doesn't read this.Things seem to be moving along quite swimmingly. A few minor bumps, but nothing life altering.

Well I am a lazy slub, so I made a little collage to sum up the last couple of months that I have been away from blogging. I still enjoy blogging, and still want to do it. I just need to make the time. Like I said things are starting to iron out a bit, so I should be able. Enjoy.

Averie on a walk, Getting on the road for the Sheldon Game, Spud Shack in Old Sacramento, Tulips I didn't know we had blooming, Averie cheesin' and El Meson on V-Day, My V-day present from Brian (Starbucks!), The Varsity Sheldon Softball Team, and the Boo Boo. Nothing but smiles that kid!

Mom on her 50th B-day at the Spa, Going in for my Facial, My Fav Cookbooks, Cork Project, Anessa in her Junior Prom Dress, Averie at the Softball Game. Sportin' Gear!







0 comments:

Post a Comment